Here’s an interesting post about one of the ways China censors the Internet. I’m pretty sure it’s not the only way they do it. My understanding is that in some cases they do IP-level filtering, so it doesn’t matter what your DNS server is. The most common workaround is to find a proxy server. There are several IM channels you can ping that respond with the url of a proxy server you can plug in to your connectivity settings. Pretty clever, that.
Semi-Random WalksA podcast of interesting people. Learn more.
- Semi-Random Walks # 43: Artist and writer David Sandum
- Semi-Random Walks # 42: Muse Magdalene
- Semi-Random Walks #41: Michael Ellsberg, writer, coach and sexuality explorer
- Semi-Random Walks #40 : Singer/songwriter/musician Latifah Phillips
- Semi-Random Walks # 39: Michelle Terrell, the Pistol Whip Hippie